2010 is the year for change and I’m working on myself this year. I have a lot that needs done, I need to change on the inside as well as the outside.
The outside is the easy part, though, and the part I’m going to talk about today.
Growing and nourishing two babies inside of me has really thrown my body out of whack. And I’m not only talking about the extra weight (60 pounds to be exact) I’ve been stuck with. But also how I carry myself, the strength of my muscles and my flexibility.
So now boys and girls we’re going to have a little show and tell!
This was taken on my Honeymoon to Palm Beach. We were on Worth Avenue.
And here’s me after the Blue-Eyed Boy:
Look out chubby momma and her chubby baby coming through. This was the first time we took the Blue-Eyed boy to the zoo.
And now after having the Red-Haired girl I look like this:
Ugh. Do you see that huge butt?
And no matter how many times my husband (oh the saint that he is!) tells me I’m beautiful the way I am. Honey, those pictures don’t lie. Gross.
BUT!!! A BIG BUT (and it’s not mine) that’s all changing. I finally got tired of seeing myself like this. I got fed up with being so stinkin’ tired and blah all the time. Tired enough that I’m doing something about it.
What am I doing? Good question!
1. I get up at 5 am every morning and go to the gym to kick the ever loving crap out of myself workout. And let me tell you the only chubby person at the gym at 5 am is me. But I swallow my pride and embarrass workout with all those dedicated hard-bodied gym rats that flock to the gym at 5am (did I mention I go at 5 AM? Yes I AM that crazy, thank you).
2. I’ve been eating less. I now have a rule that I don’t eat ANYTHING else after dinner. Nothing. This was my major snack time (and SO hard to quit! It’s so nice to mindlessly stuff food into your mouth while your laughing at The Office). I’ve also stopped eating things during the kids naps. I realized that I was eating purely because I was bored. Instead I keep myself busy so I don’t get bored!
3. No more junk food at our house (the Hunk cried for a week, just kidding, or am I?).
4. We’ve been drinking smoothies for breakfast instead of eating cereal or eggs. Can you say delicious and healthy?
5. If I feel hungry and it’s not a meal time– I drink some water and wait 20 minutes. I’m usually not hungry after that, and if I am then I have a healthy snack–like a couple of carrot sticks or an orange or some graham crackers.
6. I joined a Challenge. One of my friends is hosting it on Facebook (yes I’m one of those people. I love Facebook. Want to be my friend? email me). It started on Wednesday and goes through June 20. Whomever loses the highest percentage of her goal wins the pot. We all put in 10 bucks so it’s a pretty good pot (as far as pots go). It’s motivating me to stick to my goals (which Lord help me, I need). I also now have the support of others–wonderful! My goal is to lose 30 pounds of the 60 I need to. I think it’s pretty doable. But we’ll see.
So, that’s what I’m doing.
I have to give a great big virtual smooch to my Hunk (excuse us while we get a room) because he’s been awesome. He hasn’t complained about the new food or the new schedule (much) and has been very supportive of me and my weight-loss efforts (and what man wouldn’t want a smokin’ hot mama?). I love him.
So here we go–a new year, a new me. Week one of the challenge is almost half done.
I’ll let you know how I do on Wednesday.