Kimberly at Labor Trials tagged me. I have never been tagged– it’s my first time! So, apparently I am suppposed to share 6 things about myself that the blogging world doesn’t know! Here goes nothing:
1. My secret: it’s been 5 months since my unnecessarean, and my belly still hurts. So much for the healthy mom part of the equation. I don’t talk about it because I don’t want to think about it.
2. My other secret: I have finally stopped having nightmares about above said unnecessarean every night. Now they’re just about once a week.
3. Okay on to funner things! The Blue-Eyed Boy and I have a birth mark in the same spot, I think it’s even the same shape…almost. I’m not going to tell you where because that’s just tooooo personal! =P
4. My favorite sandwich: sliced bananas, peanut butter and *gasp* mayo. I know, I know it sounds really weird, but it’s FANTASTIC. The hunk thinks I’m nuts, but the Blue-Eyed Boy loves it too!
5. I am a classically trained opera singer. I had aspirations of moving to New York and singing at the Met. Then I met my Handsome Hunk and got married. My last year of college as I was practicing my butt of to prepare my audition songs for the Grand Rapids Opera I was blessed with a positive pregnancy test. All those aspirations of grandeur went out the window. I sang (4 1/2 months pregnant! Can we say breath control difficulties?) my senior recital and that’s the last time I’ve really sang. Now I just sing in church on Sundays. Part of me is sad about that…..but mostly I don’t regret the decision. Except when I have a day full of tantrums, poopy diapers and all around suck-i-ness….then I rethink this whole stay-at-home mom thing. But, thankfully, those days are few and far between.
6. Last but not least, and I’m ashamed to admit this….my house is messy. Like REALLY messy. Like a tornado came through. It’s a sty (as in pig). I just can’t seem to keep up with everything since I had the Red-Haired Girl, and started my business. I’m working on it though. Maybe now that I’ve admitted my failure to the WHOLE WIDE WORLD, I will do something about it. Oh the shame!
Okay, there’s my six things. I guess now I tag some other people.
Here we go:
Nancy at Chicken Fried Price
Janel at Are We There Yet?
Kristina at The Mom-tionary
And last but not least…..
Andrew at Random Acts of Madness